Today I will share some news about military, and add some of my own thoughts.
- Walgreens now accepts Tricare.
- One in ten Vietnam veterans have Hepatitis C and don’t even know it. Get tested!
- Becoming a gardener helps a lot with PTSD.
- The American Legion web site is one of the top resources for job seekers.
What can we do to reach out to our fellow veterans who are in need?
This questions has come up many times. What can we really do? I have some thoughts and ideas.
- Check out your very own neighborhood and see how many veterans live near you. Get to know them and help where they may need help.
- When you are in a restaurant, don’t be bashful. If you see a veteran with a hat on saying what branch he was in. Go greet him and talk to him.
- I was shopping at a grocery store and saw a WWll veteran. I thanked him and it lead to a great interview for my new book , Signs of Hope for the Military: IN and Out of the Trenches of Life. We have become good friends.
- I was having coffee with several fellow heart disease men and women after our workout at cardiac rehab. Three of them were veterans. Got three interviews from that and kept them as new friends.
- At church, I have found there are many veterans who go there. I have connected with many of them who have become friends. They love to sit and talk.
What about you who are having your own struggles?
Need some help yourself? This is the right place to be my friend. There are over 7,000 followers here who are in the same boat. Make a comment at the end of this post. and I know many will read it and reach out.
If you want to be able to read these posts in your inbox, just go to the top of this page and click on Subscribe. When you do, every time there is a post it will go directly to your inbox.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You are never unloved.
And above all….never ,ever, give up!