The American Legion, which I am a member of, does a lot of things that do not make the news. Here are some things I found about some Legion posts across our country.
- 5,300 diapers distributed by Post 760 in Oceanside California.
- 10,000 pairs of latex gloves and 1,000 masks. They also sent gallons of hand sanitizers and many surgical gowns at Post 1.
- Post 405 in Philadelphia set up a Zoom meeting for many veterans to connect and share their worries, and just having someone to talk to who cares.
- 100 pounds of food collected by children of Legionnaires to give to those in need.
- $5,000 dollars donated to the food bank in Pennsylvania, by post 104.
- 1,600 Buddy Checks made by Post 83 in Merced, California. This is a way to check on your veterans friends to make sure they are OK. Here is a link to see how it works. www.legion.org/publications.
I will be sharing more as I compile them from reading and searching the internet.
Active Older Veterans Fall More, Get Hurt Less.
Physically active veterans are more likely to fall, but less likely to get hurt, compared to inactive older people.
The take away from this is when you are more active you have less chances of getting hurt.
Joke of the day:
With High-Definition TV everything looks wider and bigger. Kind of like my 62nd class reunion. (My actual reunion time for me. Yes I am old, but I am good!)
I am excited to report that we have had 35 new subscriptions since I last posted. Welcome to all of you. We now have 8,324 subscribers. All veterans who are seeking hope, and wanting to stay up on what is happening for Veterans. This is the place for that.
How are you doing brother/sister? Everything going OK? I have heard from some that are not doing well. PTSD, has raised its ugly head, and trying to control some of you.
DO NOT let that happen.
Get help! You are not a sissy if you get help. I know, people think you need to be tough if you are a veteran. That is not true! I needed help and I got it. I WOULD NOT be here today if I didn’t get help! I was a breath away from checking out of this hotel called earth, and I was saved.
I am sure you have many other demons chasing you like, depression, anxiety, fear, self-doubt, etc.
Stop the madness and call for help. Here is the connection line to get that much needed help.
1-800-273-8255. call now if you need it!
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken,
You are never unloved.
And above all…never, ever, give up!