We Live in a Depressing World with Few Ways to Cope
Now how is that for a positive start? My heading probably scared off more people than it attracted. However our reality check shows that this is not far from the truth.
I have written a book that tells my story about trying to cope. I was at the end of my rope is it was unraveling. Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life beyond Bumper Stickers is a journey I took from deep depression back to a life of joy and happiness. It wasn’t an overnight journey and there were many road blocks along the way, but I gradually took one step after another and conquered the mental demons that were attacking me.
It wasn’t done alone. God was with me each step of the way. Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life beyond Bumper Stickers starts with my life in the muck and mire to where I enjoy each day with excitement.
It can be your story too. The whole book is directed towards those who have also been in the trenches like I have. It is a guide for those who are seeking a way to get out of the quicksand, and move on to better things.
I am now going to give you a small outline of what the book is about. I am putting a couple chapter titles that are in each part of the book. Notice the progressions from dooms day, to happiness. That is the format. I slowly progress your thoughts from “I hate this world,” to “Thank you God for another day.”
Part I- Fighting through the trials and tribulations of life
• Stop the world and let me off. I am tired of going round and round.
• Everything can go wrong probably will.
Part II- Try it you’ll like it.
• A lot of kneeling will get you in good standing.
• Don’t cross your fingers; fold you hands.
Part III- Keep marching on the right path.
• Are you standing on Whale fishing for minnows?
• Don’t wait for six strong men to finally take you to church.
Part IV- The next step
• God promises a save landing not a calm passage.
• If you are going the wrong way, God allows U turns.
Part V- I feel God holding my hand.
• A small stumble could lead to a big fall.
• Suffering from tooth decay? Brush up on the Bible.
Part VI- Congratulations you made it!
• Be fishers of men, you catch them and he will clean them.
• If we evolved from monkeys and apes, why are there still monkeys and apes?
Conclusion- It’s been a long journey.
You can read actual excerpts from these chapters by subscribing to my free newsletter. You just go to the right side bar and click on the icon that says; Sign up for my free newsletter and get instant access to the free eBook: The Top 25 Ways to Survive in a Troubled World.
What you read is true. You will get a free eBook juts for signing up for the free newsletter. The newsletter has gotten many great endorsements. It has sports, travel stories, excerpts from Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life beyond Bumper Stickers, and resources on how to cope in a not so friendly world.
But wait! There is more. (Sounds like an infomercial!) There really is more. By subscribing you also are automatically placed in a drawing for books that are top sellers and have the author’s autograph and personal notes them.
Some of the books that will be given away are:
1. The Shack, by William Paul Young. It has been # 1 on the New York Times best selling list for 60 weeks straight. I met Paul and had a nice conversation with him. If you win this draw, I will also add my conversation I had with him for free. He autographed the book and made personal comments.
2. Three Cups of Tea, by David Relin. It has been # 1 in its category for 155 weeks straight. I also met David. I will also share some of the things he said with the person that wins this book.
There are many others that are excellent books that will be giving away the coming weeks. The only way to get one is to subscribe to that great newsletter I told you about.
You will not get hives if you subscribe!! As a matter of fact I guarantee you will like it or you can opt out by going to the bottom of the newsletter and click on opt out.