Thank you to all of you who have been subscribing to this site. It has grown from 800 subscribers to over 1500 in just a few months. Our goal is to reach 2,000 by the end of the year. You can help us reach that goal by subscribing today if you haven’t already. Just click on the icon right after the title to this post to do that.
I have been working very hard on my new book, “Signs of Hope: For the Military. I feel that it will help many soldiers and their families. The appendix for this book will have one of the most complete lists available for finding help in any area a person may be searching for pertaining to the military.
Be looking for updates on the book and other news at this site.
I have found that we won’t achieve much if we listen to negative people. I almost stopped writing a couple of times because of people telling me that I was going no where and that I was wasting my time. I didn’t listen and my first book not only got published, it received a national award from the Reader’s Favorite Awards, and was runner up in a contest that was like American Idol but it was for writers.
That got me on the right track to ignore the negatives and listen to the positives. There is a chapter in my first book called, “Worry is the Dark Room Where negatives are developed.” I spend a lot of time in that chapter telling people they have self worth and should never let others dictate their lives. It is one of my favorite chapters.
You can take a look at this book by clicking on the bookstore tab above. You will see that we are having trouble with our ordering process, but you can got to http://www.dailysignsofhope.com and order from the bookstore there. That is my blog.
You can do so much when you believe in yourself. Don’t ever think you are alone, and forgotten. God knows about you. You are written in His book. He created you in His own image, so if He would goes that far you can bet your bottom dollar He will be there to protect you, and guide you on to mighty things.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You are never unloved.
And above all…never, ever, give up!
I just a check in the mail for selling four more books. I am very pleased at the rate the books are selling. My book, “Signs of Hope: Ways to Survive in an Unfriendly World,” has sold 204 books in just over four months. That is an average of about 50 a month. I certainly would like more sold, but I am thankful to God for the consistency.
My next goal is to sell 500. That officially gives you the right to say your book is a best seller. (Don’t ask me how that could be. It is in all the marketing books.)
You can certainly help with that by clicking on the tab at the top that says “bookstore,” and ordering a book yourself. I have just been lowered the price from $19.99 to $15.99, AND the shipping price has been cut in half to $2.35. That is a total of $6.00 savings if you order now.
Think about Easter coming up next month. This would be a wonderful gift to give out as an Easter present. It is full of uplifting thoughts, and talks about our risen Savior.
There is only one way this book will be a success, and that is through people like you buying the books, and then telling others. Word of mouth is always the best marketing tool.
I want to tell you about another book I am starting, but this is called a “teaser.” My next post will give you more details. Just one more teaser… it will be about sports.
Think on this:
- 99% of what we worry about never happens. The other 1% you can turn over to God.
- When two or more gather together to pray, God will be there with you.
- When you smile at someone they usually smile back. This gives them more face value.
- When you make it through a storm in your life, you are that much stronger for the next one.
I am asking for prayer for my good friend Michael Clark, who is my partner on our blog: www.dailysignsofhopecom. He has a very serious surgery coming up, and please pray that God will hold his hand throughout this ordeal and make him whole again.
It has been a while since I last posted. I have been busier than that famous cat on a hot tin roof. I had 6 signings; placed books in over twenty outlets, and sold about 200 books, in the first two months.
Can’t complain about that since a report says that a first time author is very lucky if he sells 100 books in his first published effort.
My marketing plan is going right on schedule. After things settle down I will be sharing why I did so well out of the gate.
I will be sharing excerpts from my new book, “Becoming Famous Before you are Famous.”
It is about the things an author needs to do before they even approach a publisher, to get their name out there.
Check back often to see many ideas on how to market your book.
Since you are here, please subscribe to this site, and keep up on the postings. Just go to the networked blog icon, and click on the bottom.
You can also sign-up for a RSS feed near the top.