Have you ever thought that God owes you something? Did you do some good deeds and expected something in return?
You are probably saying that you wouldn’t think of ever doing that. However there seems to be many people today who do try to do that.
They want God to jump through their hoops, and not try to merit any reward from God.
We all pray to have God heal the sick, and dying. We all pray to have God help us cope through each day, but do we go too far sometimes?
Think on this:
- We can’t make God jump through our hoops, but we try all the time.
- Religion is not how we get God to do what we want, But how we learn how to do what God wants.
- No one can save us from the quicksand of sin, except our LORD and Savior.
- Sins destroy your relationship with God, but confession restores it.
- Confession is the reset button in our lives. All we have to do is push the reset button. Jesus will do the rest.
Let’s talk more about the last point. Have you ever played a video game, and a I-Box game, and saw that when you were about to die, all you had to do was hit the reset button and you are alive and well again, and can start over.
Wouldn’t that be great for our lives? Well, it is there for the taking. We sin many times, and feel that there is no way that god could loves us after all of that. It is not true. God will allow us to confess our sins and start over. We have our own built in reset button for our own lives.
Some thoughts on how we benefit from the love of God:
- True abundance is found in the everlasting love of God.
- True satisfaction ifs found in listening to; trusting in, and obeying God words.
- God’s perfect peace is always found in God’s accessible presence.
Always plan to do everything for God, and not expect anything in return. His love will come even more to you if you do.