A Great Newsletter and Free eBook are Just the Beginning
It has been a while since I informed you of what it means to subscribe to my newsletter. Let me list what it means:
1. You get a great newsletter that has an 88% top rating for good content, and style.
2. When you subscribe, you get a free eBook to download called, The Top 25 Ways to Survive in a Troubled World. It is full of “How to,” ideas on how to cope in a not so friendly world.
3. When you subscribe, you are also automatically placed in all future drawings for free books that are top sellers, and most have the author’s autograph, and personal notes in them.
4. A couple of examples of what books will be given away are:
• The Shack, written by William Paul Young. I met Paul at a conference and had a chance to talk to him personally. He is a very interesting man, and if you win this book, I will share with just you the conversation I had with him. It is a fascinating story of his childhood that was full of abuse, and trials. He also shared his troubled years of when he had an affair, and how he was able to save his marriage. You will really enjoy his story. The Shack has been # 1 on the New York Times best selling list for 58 weeks straight.
• Three Cups of Tea, written by David Relin, for Greg Mortenson. It is about a journey that Mortenson went on to try to provide schools for the children of Afghanistan, and Pakistan, even though they are controlled by the Taliban. Three Cups of tea, has been # 1 in its category for 152 weeks straight. I also met David Relin, and he shared his story that will only be given to the person who wins the book. Both books have the author’s autograph and personal notes.
5. The newsletter has four pages:
• The first page will have excerpts from my new book, Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life Beyond Bumper Stickers. There have been many excerpts that are in the archives of this site you can read, and on the post yesterday was another one. I said I would have one today, but I thought it was important for you to know about all the goodies that are available to you, just by subscribing. I will put the follow-up excerpt in tomorrow’s post.
• Another page has sports. Mostly Oregon State University sports. I am a die hard Beaver fan that bleeds orange. I will have reports from all of the sports at OSU, but mostly the major ones like, football, basketball, and baseball. There will personal looks at some of the players, and enough statistics to chock that famous horse. I will also report on sports from other colleges and pros., as I see the need to cover them.
• The third page is a travel page. I have been having guest travelers share their experiences as they travel. People have subscribed to the newsletter just to read the travel page. The next newsletter will have Ron Kelemen sharing his experiences in India. He has been to Mumbai. He can share his thoughts on what the hotel that was attacked was like, and the climate there while he visited. He will also be sharing his travels on the roads most tourists do not go on.
• The last page will be a resource page that will have different kinds of articles that will help those who are seeking ways to cope in a troubled world. This is a very popular page of the newsletter.
• The front page will also have a lead in section that will talk about the current events going on with my author world, plus updates on past articles that need addressing.
As for the website www.dougbolton.com, the ratings are also very high from those who come to it. Please check the endorsement tab that is at the top. You will read, not only endorsements for, Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life beyond Bumper Stickers, but there will be endorsements for the site itself. I am very pleased with all of the endorsements, and feel free to add your own thoughts that will be placed on the endorsement page in the future. (If they are nice, of course.)
Check out the “about the author,” tab, and if you still like me after that I will have you hooked!
The archives have all the back newsletter issues. I haven’t posted the last few, but they will be there in the future.
You will also see a tab that sends you directly to my blog: www.depressionsuppressed.com. There, I have many articles on ways to cope if you are battling self doubt, anxiety, depression, low self esteem, fear, or even hopelessness. There are months of back posts you can search and find articles to help you through your day. Check back often to that site.
So what are you waiting for? There is nothing you can find that isn’t wonderful to read!! (Arrogant? Yes! More like begging though!) Join over 460 other people that have subscribed in less than a year.