Thanks to those of you who have been subscribing through the RSS feed. It helps us growing on the Google Search Rankings. Help us to continue to grow by signing up today if you haven’t already. Just click on the icon right after the title to do that.
Another shocking announcement! ( That got your attention!) “Signs of Hope: Ways to Survive in an Unfriendly World, ” is now out in eBook form. I You can acquire it at all the eBook outlets. It is only $4.99 compared to $19.99 in the bookstores. Help it climb the www.amazon.com best selling list. You can even order it right from this site by clicking on the Amazon icon on the right.
If you want a hard copy with the autograph of the author on it, just click on the bookstore tab at the top of this page to order one. It is only $15.99 plus shipping compared to the $19.99 price in the retail stores.
I have a podcast here that I did with John Kremer, the marketing guru. He invited me to share unusual places to sell books. Take a listen and hit those streets running: goo.gl/WGTF7
I thought I was going to have a bad hair day. This was the day I met with my doctor to go over some test reults.
The resut turned out to be not so bad. I have some kidneys that aren’t 100%, (57%) but are OK. I will have to have blood tests for them every three months, and a ultra sound every six months. I can handle that compared to what I was thinking it could be.
This was another one of those examples that 99% of what we worry about never happens, and the other 01% we should turn over to God.
I did have a positive end to the day. I checked my mail at my business mail bax, and there was a check from a shop where they carried my book. They had sold all three of the books I left there on consignment.
While I am on that subject, let me highlight an interview I did with John Kremer. (You can listen to the while thing above in the last paragraph of the lead-ins.)
In that interview, John asked me to share some unusual places to sell books.
The store that I just sold three was a children’s shop with toys, learning programs, and childrens books. The owner was a fine Christian woman who had recently lost her husband. She had one little nook area in the store where she sold Christian books. We agreed to try my books in the store. All three sold.
My wife and I have a hair dresser that has her own beauty salon. She has pretty good traffic. I asked her if she might carry my books near her spot. She agreed, and I sold 26 books at that one spot. My book, “Signs of Hope: Ways to Survive in an Unfriendly World,” has nothing to do with hair styles, etc, but it was unusual, and it was there in the fall before Christmas. How could you go wrong in doing your Christmas shopping while you are having your hair done at the same time?
I had a friend who owned a winery near me. I talked to him about carrying my book in his gift shop. He didn’t think it would do too well, because all the other books were about wine. I told him I would go on consignment, and there would be no cost out of his pocket. He liked that, and agreed to put them in his gift shop. I sold six books in that winery gift shop. Again it was in the fall, and people coming in wehre looking for unsual gifts. I later had a signing there and sold 20 more books.
You need to list to the podcast to hear some other ideas.
Don’t ever think that ANY one store is not good to sell your books. Check all of them out and talk to the owner. Often, offering to have your books on consignment only intices the owners to give it a try.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You are never unloved.
And above all…never, ever, give up!