Do you go through each day lacking the courage to take on the daily routine of life? I have been there. I know what you are going through.
Here are some thoughts on how to bring courage back into your life, and help you to defeat the negative thoughts that haunt you each day.
- Stop feeling powerless over the environment around you. You are an important person who has self-worth. Don’t let the environment dictate your actions.
- Life for the present moments in your life. Tomorrow will come with its problems, but you don’t have them to face yet. The past is already gone, and there is nothing that can change what happened. Live for today. Today you can make positive things happen.
- Keep positive people around you. Having a good foundation of friends, will help you cope with the trials of life.
- Use selective thinking in your mind. Keep out all the negatives thoughts, and concentrate on the positive things around you.
- Get out of that rut you have been walking in and climb onto the smooth path that God has in mind for you.
- Never let the past come back to haunt you. That is why the call it the past. It is gone.
- Start choosing to remember the good things you have done, and the good things others have done for you. Build one these each day.
- The most important thing is that you are free to change. You do not have to remain in the funk you are in. You just need to decide that you have had enough of this kind of pity party, and move on with your life.
You will develop courage as you concentrate on each one of these.
Remember that God is with you. His is on your team. With Him on your side, who can be against you? Some silly misguided angel? I don’t think so! I have read the end of the book, and he loses!
Get up off of the ground. Stand tall, and know that you are a person of worth, and you have a gift that God has given you. Pray for Him to let you know what path He has chosen for you, and go down that path knowing that you are a strong, solid, warrior for God.
I have been down in the ruts of life myself. I was afraid to get up each day and face life. I didn’t like the daily rush of negative thoughts that kept coming at me.
I finally reached the end of my rope and was holding on for dear life. That is when I realized it was the hem of God’s robe I was hanging on to.
He rescued me, and showed a way to fight back and be strong. I hope you will turn to Him and let Him do it for you too.