I have had a good response from you on the format I used in the last post. You seem to like having a synopsis of chapters from my book, Close Encounters of the heavenly Kind: Life Beyond Bumper Stickers. So I will give you more in this post. All of the following descriptions are from chapters in the book.
- I have a chapter from an actual dream I had. It is called, “Worry is the Dark Room, Where Negatives Develop.” It talks about defeating anxiety, gossip, fear, being ashamed, and even death.
- The divorce rate is getting out of control. I show a survey as to why this is happening, and how to avoid it.
- We can be in bad physical shape, but we can also be in bad spiritual shape. We need to exercise!
- Your spouse can be your greatest ally when you need someone.
- Jonah thought he could live without God, so did David. How about you?
- God didn’t promise us a rose garden, but he will help us through the storms in our lives.
- We need to remember that God will never let us face something that we can not handle. He will help us through the trials.
- There are two ways to pray. You can pray and wait for God’s answer, or you can move forward and ask God to help you along the way.
- We have many fast new modern ways to communicate on this earth, but they don’t even compare to the speed that we can get a message to God.
- We need to slow down, be silent, and listen to God. We are spending too much time in the fast lane.
- People who pray, or are prayed for while they are ill, have a better chance of recovery than those who don’t. A survey proves it.
- Use the talents God has given you!
- God answers calls 24/7. You are not charged for long distance calls. It is tool free, and it doesn’t take a toll on your life.
- What do you do when everything seems lost? How do you handle all the despair people have to go through?
You can see many of these chapters through excerpts I post on my online newsletter. To get the newsletter, just go over to the right side bar, and click on “Sign up for my free newsletter.” Then put in your email address, and you will start receiving the Abiding Grace Press, about every two weeks.
It also has three other pages in it.
- A sports page that is full of sports news. Mostly from Oregon State University, but it could be about any sports in the world.
- A travel page that is fun to post. The last one had a real story from one of the passengers of the plane that crashed into the Hudson River. He gives a moment by moment description of the plane as it is crashing, and what happened after it crashed. It is an inspiring story.
- A resource page that has newspaper articles from all over the world that discusses such afflictions like: depression, panic attacks, Bi-Polar disease, and many others. This is a very popular page.
Thank you for your responses. It helps me to put out the best posts possible.
BTW.. There will be some big promotions coming out soon. One is an autographed book by William P. Young, who wrote The Shack. This book has been near the top of the best sellers lists for months. You have a chance to get it, but only if you are subscribed to the newsletter.
I have spent many years trying to figure out why I do things that I do. I use to let the wind take me where ever it wanted to. Often it was not in the right direction. I have learned from all those side streets that I have traveled. I am giving you a synopsis of some of the chapters from the book to let you know some of the things I felt were important to talk about:
- Have you been there? Do you sit back and let the world go round and round, not ever caring what happens next? I think that we ALL need to stop running in the rat race, because even rats rest once and a while. I have a chapter in the book on this subject. It talks about what really should be important in our lives. It suggests ways to get out of the fast lane and enjoy the view.
- Have you ever been to a funeral? Isn’t it a depressing place? Why they have the word “fun,” in funeral, I will never know. Read about how we can make it a better experience for those that are mouning at a funeral. I know because I was the mouner at one of them.
- Have there been times when you had no one to turn to? Did you find yourself facing a crises, and felt alone? Did you wish someone would have come to your rescue? There is always someone to turn to. You are never alone.
- Have you stumbled in your life, and felt like you have failed? I tell a story about a little girl that I met who “stumbled” in front of 100 onlookers, and came out a winner in the end.
- Is family important to you? Do you have a close relationship with all of your relatives, even down through the cousins? If not, I share where you can see just how important they really are to you.
- I know you have wondered why God allows so many horrible things happen in the world from people like: Hitler, Saddam Huissan, Ben Laden, and many others. I discuss this with examples in the Bible on why God allows things to happen.
- Do you see people wearing the cross around their neck? Even athletes kiss it as they get up to bat. My question is, do they really know the meaning of the cross they are wearing? I write a stirring, vivid, discription of what I think the cross really means.
- Does prayer really work? Has it ever really helped anyone? One chapter is full of stories of how prayer has worked in people’s lives, and even saved many of them.
- Do you share your joy of being a Christian. If you were put on trial for bring a Christian, would you get convicted? There is a list of questions for you to answer to see if you are guilty.
- Do you know the top twenty reasons why you should be free of depression? There is a “Tonight Show,” countdown of the top twenty reasons we should be thankful for the life God has given us.
If you want to see these chapters and 62 others like them, you will need to sign up for my online newsletter where I will be placing actual excerpts from the book, Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life after Bumper Stickers. You just click on the icon on the right side bar that says, Sign up for my free newsletter, and put in your email address. You will then receive a new excerpt about every two weeks.
I have 340 subscribers that are doing just that. That is how many have signed up in the first 100 days of this site being up and running. I am very proud to have that many sign up in such a short time. It shows that something is going right with this site.
Excitement is getting high around here! The book Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life Beyond Bumper Stickers, (Title may change a little) is ready to go!! It has been professionally edited by Sue Miholer of Picky, Picky, Ink. The book proposal has been evaluated by another professional editor/evaluator, Sally Stuart. Now it is in my pea picken hands wanting to be presented to publishers!!
It has been a long eight years to get this book where it is today.
I have stopped working on it several times because of doubt. I have thought I wasn’t good enough to write it. I got tired of the hours it took each day. The people that did some proof reading for me weren’t too excited about my first attempts.
BUT! I never gave up!! I kept at it a little at a time. I went to writing conferences. Joined a writing group. Started submitting articles to magazines, etc.
It is fitting that I will hopefully have the book in a publishers hands by the end of March. That just happens to be the month I was at the lowest time in my life back in 2001. It now can be the highest point in my life. (To this point.)
Please join me in reading some of the excerpts from the book. You can do this by clicking the icon on the right side bar that says “Join my free newsletter.” After you have done that, all you have to do is put in your email address. You will then start receiving my online newsletter that will have actual excerpts from the book, Close Encounters of the Heavenly Kind: Life Beyond Bumper Stickers.
Take time to start getting the book excerpts free. It will give you a good feel of the book. If you don’t like it or the online newsletter I am sending you, put it in your round file called, “trash.”
There are many other things in the newsletter like:
- Reports on my travels. Many of the people that have read this page before have really enjoyed it. That is because I have so many mishaps, and interesting things happen to me.
- There is a sports page that talks mostly about Oregon State University Sports. It may have some other sports coming in from time to time.
- There also is a resource page that has newspapers from all over the world giving information about afflictions we face like: self doubt, anxiety, fear, low self esteem, and depression.
- The front page will be about the book, and have the free excerpts.
So help me in my excitement by signing up for the newsletter. Help the subscription numbers grow fast. That way when the book is ready for the market, as many people as possible will have an idea of what the book is about. They, of course, will want to buy at least one, or maybe many more books for friends and family.